Mission, Values, and Goals
To create and sustain work wellness, prevent disability, eliminate impairment-related job loss, and worklessness for those with, or at risk of, chronic and episodic health-related challenges.
We are committed to working together to share the latest research and information on work wellness and disability prevention.
Knowledge is our greatest power. We believe in sharing research, tools, and resources to improve best practices in employee health and business health.
Our growth is only limited by our ability to reach out to another. Individual and organizational change is difficult. We are committed to the utilization of current evidence to support positive individual and organizational change.
Our institute is built on trust and transparency. We strive to act ethically and bring credibility to all our work.
- Facilitate the adoption of research evidence to create and sustain work wellness, prevent disability, eliminate impairment-related job loss, and worklessness for those with, or at risk of, chronic and episodic health-related challenges
- Provide credible, science-informed, practical tools and educational resources to facilitate stay at work, return to work, and re-integration of people with impairments and disabilities
- Work collaboratively with government, organizations and individuals who play a role in creating, and sustaining safe, healthy, inclusive and productive workplaces
- Provide relevant and useful evidence-based services and resources to stakeholders seeking research-based information and practical resources. Stakeholders include:
- governments, employers, labour organizations, occupational health and safety professionals, public and private insurers, educators, workers and vulnerable populations
- Partner with the global community of researchers, professionals and other stakeholders committed to work wellness and the prevention of disability, job loss and worklessness
- Support work participation for those at risk, or with, chronic and episodic health-related challenges