The Work Wellness and Disability Prevention Institute (WWDPI) is a non-profit, voluntary, charitable organization. Please note the content provided by WWDPI is for information purposes only and is in no way intended to be a substitute for health professional treatment or advice.
- WWDPI does not provide any medical or health services and does not endorse any specific medical treatment or product, medical hypotheses, pain clinic, medical service or health professional.
- WWDPI does not accept any responsibility or liability for any damages, liabilities, losses, expenses incurred, costs, actions and/or treatments as a result of providing or hosting any educational programs, webinars or information on this web site or links from this web site. WWDPI encourages internet users to be careful when using health information on the web.
- WWDPI does not warrant or guarantee the correctness, accuracy, quality or currentness of any information found on this web site or via links from this web site.
- WWDPI encourages internet users to be careful when using medical information. If you are unsure about your medical condition, consult a physician. Although our content is reviewed...
- WWDPI is not responsible for provided links nor does provision of links imply permission to distribute any information found on these links. By entering this web site any user agrees to respect copyright and trademarks.
- WWDPI does not accept any responsibility for any businesses, organization, medical professionals, or persons that provide information on this web site. The sole intent of any information found on this web site or via links from this web site is to promote public education.
- WWDPI does not guarantee the medical accuracy of published documents. Any health information found on this web site or via links from this web site should not be used as a substitute for professional medical or health professional advice, evaluation and/or treatment. Please consult your general/family physician and/or professional health care providers for any medical advice and treatment.
- Content for health topics is critically appraised by WWDPI scientists and staff to assess its scientific merit, and its currency (date of publication). Content is deemed appropriate if it is reported in well-designed systematic reviews of peer-reviewed research literature (see article What is a systematic review?). Reviewers will also review recent articles published in peer-reviewed journals on specific topics as well as review material on other credible health information sites including: Canadian Cochrane Centre, National Institutes of Health's MedlinePlus, Healthevidence.ca, McMaster PLUS, and other sites deemed credible by WWDPI affiliated scientists. Information is reviewed to assess level of evidence and consistency of information across available credible literature sources. Content creators do not have any conflicts of interest with commercial organizations.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the Health On the Net Foundation.